A quick overview.
We respect your privacy and confidentiality. Avenir takes the protection of your data very seriously and complies with the General Data Protection Regulation. (This is a brief summary of our approach in respecting your data and privacy, our full policy is below).
The only place on this website where we collect identifying information from you is when you contact us for a quote or send us your CV. Avenir stores your data on servers in Germany and we won’t do anything with your data email address other than communicate with you. We don’t add your data to any list (other than possibly to a Christmas card list if we really like you), we won’t sell your details or spam you. We do collect visitors statistics via Google Analytics. All is good.
If you become our client we will also respect your confidentiality in all our communications and are happy to formalise that with an NDA – just ask.
So to be clear, as a user of our web site you have the following rights:
The right to see any data about you we may have collected.
The right to correct anything that is wrong.
The right to have your data deleted.
To exercise any of the above rights just contact us via our contact page or call us on 094 9044771.
What about cookies?
Avenir Design Ltd recognises that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of our customers, suppliers and employees and will only collect and use personal data in a manner described here, and in a way that is consistent with obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Avenir Design Limited is registered in Ireland under Company Number 394086, Trading address: Garvey House, Castle Street, Castlebar. Co. Mayo, VAT number: IE6414086W.
We design and build brands and websites as well as supplying ancillary digital design services such as: website hosting/renewal, domain name management and related graphic and digital design services.
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers. The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
In order to process personal data, we must have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful grounds for processing personal data are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
- The consent of the individual
- Performance of a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Necessary to protect the vital interests of a person
- Necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or
- In the legitimate interests of company/organisation (except where those interests are overridden by the interests or rights and freedoms of the data subject).
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will seek to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- The right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing where that decision produces a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We do not make automated decisions of this nature.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11 and we will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a 30-day turnaround, we may extend this period by a further two months and we will contact you to explain why.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Commissioner’s Office.
Implications of not providing information:
Where we require personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or endeavouring to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with Avenir Design Ltd. however we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
5. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this will vary according to your relationship with us).
- Business name and contact person therein
- Address: (historical, as we no longer collect address info)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- CVs and References, associated Revenue details
- Associated bank details
- Revenue PAYE details
6. How We Use Your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This will be because the data is necessary for our delivery of a contract with you. If you are a customer of Avenir Design Ltd your personal data may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- In order to respond electronically to you/company request to quote for all or any of our services.
- In order to communicate electronically with you/company on an ongoing basis throughout the preparation and delivery of our services.
- In order to submit our invoice(s) electronically for payment for our services rendered, whether on a one-off basis or an ongoing one.
- In order to forward, electronically, financial Statements of account when warranted.
If you are a supplier to Avenir Design Ltd your personal data may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Email address: In order to communicate, electronically, with you throughout the supply transaction.
- Bank details: in order to submit electronically, payment to you/company for services rendered
- Contact person: In order to, electronically, elicit, prompt response from you in the event of a failure in that supply or its associated admin, whether immediate or within a reasonable time lapse.
If you are an employee of Avenir Design Ltd your personal data may be used for following purposes:
- Bank details: for purpose of electronically transferring to you your weekly salary
- Email address: for the purpose of forwarding electronically your weekly payslip.
- PAYE/PRSI numbers and Revenue PAYE details: for purpose of setting you up on our payroll system and subsequent derivation of your weekly salary.
We will retain customer, supplier and employee data, in hard copy and electronic form, for a duration compliant with business law after our transactions are totally finished, unless a customer, supplier or staff member request otherwise or unless we receive legal advice to the contrary.
We process personal information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To manage our everyday business needs and for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, troubleshooting, accounting, providing customer service, technical support and fraud prevention
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Avenir Design Ltd . or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others
- To manage our everyday business needs: We may use your personal information to manage our every business needs’, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, troubleshooting, accounting, providing customer service, technical support and fraud prevention in our legitimate interest. The latter being the effective management of our business.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Supplier Personal Information; Name, Contact name, phone number, email addresses, and banking details will be retained for up to 8 years to post final transaction in order to comply with taxation and regulatory requirements.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data as follows:
- Hard-copy customer/supplier and employee- information is secured in locked metal cabinets.
- Electronic customer/supplier and employee information is secured behind password protection on accounting and payroll software packages.
9. Sharing of My Personal Data?
a) Internal Sharing: We may share your personal data within Avenir Design Ltd
Third Party Service Providers: We may also sometimes contract with parties to supply services to you on our behalf or facilitate operation of our contract with you. These services may include payment processing, credit vetting, legal and IT services. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery or fulfilment of our services and or are working on our behalf. If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority acting bona fide.
b) Digital Service Services- Third-party service partners
Digital Services- Social networking sites
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding. We will respond to your subject access request within 30 Days. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
11. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 094 904471/9044773
Postal Address: Data Protection Officer. Avenir Design Ltd., Innovation Hub, Westport Rd. Castlebar. Co. Mayo
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time.
This policy was last updated on April 25th 2022.